Human Resources Generalist
The HR Generalist facilitates employment matters across a wide range of HR functional areas including employee relations, performance management, leaves of absence, workers compensation, compensation/benchmarking, onboarding, training, and policy compliance.
This is a full-time, exempt position reporting to the Director of Human Resources. The HR Generalist builds effective relationships with managers and employees to support all phases of the employment cycle from recruiting through departure. Ensures compliance with policies and procedures. Builds strategic internal and external partnerships to promote diversity and inclusivity at the school. Ensures hiring procedures and strategies to promote increased workforce diversity. Practices and develops cultural competence in the exercise of duties. Conducts audits for data integrity.
Minimum job qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum of five years of experience in Human Resources with a demonstrated history of responsibility in key areas including employee relations, leaves of absences and recruiting
• Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting the Human Resources function
• Experience working in and recruiting for a diverse community
• PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
Skills and Abilities Required
• Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilities
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced computer skills, including data entry, data processing, communication tools and payroll and human resources software
• Problem-solving skills, resourceful thinking, and analytical skills
• Leadership and coaching skills
• Experience implementing diverse recruiting strategies
• Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Operate effectively in stressful situations.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Discretion with sensitive information
A full job description will be provided to selected candidates in advance of interview.
If interested, please complete an application as well as submit a resume and cover letter outlining the reasons for your interest in this position via http://www.andover.edu/employmentopportunities
As the COVID-19 pandemic persists, our top priority is safety.
Accordingly, the Academy will require, subject to disability and religious
accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, that all employees be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community “committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.