SQL Programmer/Analyst - OAR
Reporting to the Associate Director of Analytics, Office of Academy Resources, Phillips Academy seeks a SQL Programmer/Analyst to support administrative databases utilized for the alumni engagement, fundraising and communication responsibilities of the Office of Academy Resources (OAR). The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of Microsoft SQL programming experience, proficiency with reporting and data visualization tools such as SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or Tableau, and strong problem solving and communication skills. Experience with fundraising, alumni engagement, and education databases and related software is strongly preferred. The duties of this position are fluid, and will include but not be limited to:
• Maintain and support the Microsoft SQL databases by writing queries; developing views for use in reporting; writing and running transact scripts, cursors, stored procedures; and scheduling overnight jobs
• Provide ad hoc reporting support and develop a suite of self-serve end user reports using SSRS and Tableau
• Partner with OAR operation staff to problem solve, support evaluate needs and options, and implement solutions. Maintain data interfaces between OAR and other campus databases as well as between software and outside vendors.
• Monitor daily processes.
• Assist with user account maintenance and administrative software security.
• Assist with administrative software upgrades.
• Partner and collaborate closely with colleagues in the Office of Information Technology; provide basic SQL database administration in conjunction with the Application Administrator and System Administrators.
• Perform other duties as required. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines as well as to collaborate with OAR colleagues to serve our campus, alumni, and parent constituencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
1. Experience with practices and protocols for maintaining data security and integrity
2. Strong problem solving and communication skills
3. Keen attention to detail
4. Collaborative and positive attitude
5. Ability to make decisions and work independently, manage and prioritize several projects simultaneously, stay calm and work under pressure of deadlines, and respect confidentiality
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
Previous job experience: Two or more years transact-SQL programming experience, commensurate experience with reporting and data visualization tools such as Crystal Reports, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), or Tableau. Experience working with fundraising, alumni engagement, and education databases and related software is strongly preferred.