Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Enterprise Applications, the Data Architect is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the Academy’s data architecture and analytics across enterprise systems. This includes data integrations, warehousing, business intelligence applications, data visualization, and advanced analytics tasks. This position will be responsible for the development and enhancement of the Academy’s data warehouse and corresponding ETL processes. This position will advise on data strategy, governance, data integrations, business intelligence tools, databases, dashboards, systems, and associated processes.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems, or a related field of study.
• Experience with data warehouse architecture standards, processes, and methodologies.
• Relevant knowledge of data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design, and ETL tools.
• Demonstrated ability to translate business needs into supportable solutions.
• Versatile and knowledgeable in SQL programming and report design.
• Extensive hands-on experience in architecting, designing, configuring, and implementing data warehouse solutions.
• Experience with best practices around data strategy, roadmap, data management standards, and policy development.
• Experience with the integration of complex, diverse, internally, and externally developed implementations of applications to build scalable systems.
• Develop an understanding of the Academy’s complete data landscape, how data traverses through the organization, and where data governance is necessary.
• Assist in the creation, implementation, and sustainment of a data governance program.
• Serves as an expert regarding system integrations, identifies needs, provides solution options, and communicates issue updates and resolutions.
• Leads the research, design, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and improvement of the Academy’s data warehouse system.
• Researches, plans, creates, supports, and improves reporting, data dashboards, and other visualization methods.
• Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies that can support the Academy’s data needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Demonstrated knowledge of current technology trends and their application(s).
• Experience with relational databases (SQL Server or similar).
• Demonstrated experience data warehousing and using data integration technologies (Talend, or similar).
• Experience with cloud-based solutions and best practices around data integration.
• Familiarity with programming tools/frameworks such as: SQL, Java, Python, .NET (C#), PowerShell, XML, JSON, APIs, and Web Services.
• Experience with BI/visualization tools (SSRS, Tableau, etc.).
• Experience with data strategy, roadmap, and policy development.
• Experience leading initiatives around data governance, master data management, data catalogs and enterprise data warehouse architecture.
• Strong technical, project management, and change management skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, highly collaborative environment.
• Proven ability to influence others by building trust and credibility within areas of expertise.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience with documentation and knowledge management.
• The ability to translate technical information into understandable terms from a variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical.
Please include a cover letter outlining your interest in this position as well as a resume.
Phillips Academy requires that all faculty, staff, and
administrators, subject to disability and
religious accommodation exceptions under federal and state law, be up to date with their COVID vaccination, which includes any boosters that
have been added to meet the CDC definition of up to date which now includes the
new bivalent booster.
Phillips Academy is an equal opportunity employer. Phillips
Academy is an intentionally diverse and inclusive residential community
“committed to creating an equitable and inclusive school in which students from
diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences—including race, ethnicity,
nationality, gender, socioeconomic class, sexual orientation, gender identity,
religion, and ability—learn and grow together.” The ideal candidate supports
the inclusive and diverse nature of the community. Any offers of employment will
be contingent upon successful CORI/SORI and fingerprinting background checks as
well as unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.